Some people have a disease that is so rare, that even most doctors know only little about it. This applies to autoinflammatory diseases (which are also known as fever syndromes). If you have such disease, this can be very annoying, because you want to find out everything there is to know about your disease. And maybe your family, collegues or others do so too. On autoinflammation.eu you can find information on the most common autoinflammatory diseases:
- familial Mediterranean fever (FMF)
- Cryopyrin associated periodic syndrome (CAPS)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin D and periodic fever syndrome (HIDS)
- TNF-receptor associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS)
- Adult onset Still's disease (AOSD)
- Schnitzler syndrome
Besides this, you can also find background information on autoinflammation and its treatment and updates on current research projects on autoinflammation here.
This website is a personal initiative of Anna Simon, MD PhD and Karin Mulders-Manders, MD from the Nijmegen center for immunodeficiency and autoinflammation (NCIA) of the Radboud Nijmegen university medical center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.